Search This Blog

Saturday, April 16, 2011

#125 "Move" 24" x 18", acrylic on board


I spent the day in my Kirkland studio and worked with the concepts I learned from Jesse Reno. Trying to make it my own. Beginning to find my personal iconography. Everything in this painting has personal meaning to me......and yet I "found" it in the painting. Well, the basic shapes are found. I added the symbols that mean new growth, home, change to me. Our house is on the market and so I suppose it is not surprising that this house is on wheels. It is hard to know if this piece is finished. I worked on 3 pieces today. I made some changes to Remember, painted out an entire composition that I haven't yet posted and worked on "Move" which changed many times today and may continue to do so. I am loving this way of working and find myself totally engaged and really curious about what will emerge. It was very hard to leave the studio today. I also love to paint pictures of things I see and making them look and feel like what I am looking at. I have one of those on the easel as well. I'll eventually post that one. The Ray for the Day is "Move".

7 comments:

Kendal and Jennifer said...

I LOVE this new direction. It awakens something in the viewer as well. Very archetypal and inspiring.

DommyDomsMom said...

Love the kitty in the window! This new technique is really fun.
Ann Adam (aka DommyDomsMom)

Veterinary hospital in Mississauga said...

It is a pleasure going through your post. I have bookmarked you to check out new stuff from your side.

spa toronto said...

A very well-written post. I read and liked the post and have also bookmarked you. All the best for future endeavors.

Test de inteligencia gratis said...

I was very pleased to find this site.I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post.

Seguros riesgos extraños said...

I believe you have remarked some very intriguing details , thankyou for the post.

Test de inteligencia gratis said...

Sweet website! I discovered it while searching on Yahoo News. Do you have any guidelines on how to get listed in Yahoo News? I’ve been trying for a while but I never seem to have there! Cheers