Search This Blog

Thursday, October 24, 2013

178, "Morning Cup", oil, 17" x 14"

Useless Bay Coffee Company in Langley is the local and visitor hang out. Each morning around 9:00 a.m. the "regulars" start to gather. During sunny weather they gather outside, during cold times they go in. As in coffee klatches all around the world they discuss personal issues and solve the world's problems. This painting was a pleasure to paint. I could feel the sunshine and the contentment as I applied the paint. For some reason this painting was on my easel for a long time. During the Summer I was painting outdoors a lot. So when I was in the studio I would study this composition, make small corrections, put on a few strokes of paint. I think I prolonged it because I enjoyed it so much. The Ray for the Day is "Morning Cup."

5 comments:

Jason Carpp said...

Hey Phyllis. Beautiful painting. How are things in Langley? Things are good here in Gig Harbor.

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

GREAT Painting!

essay-writings-service.com said...

This is very interesting and I will be back for more. Thanks for sharing)

essay-writings-service.com said...

These kind of articles are always attractive and I am happy to find so many good point here in the post, writing is simply great, thanks for sharing:*)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the great content. It is nice to go through the process at a high level.

Painting company
house painter
exterior painting services