Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

#109 "Behind Useless Bay Cafe" , oil on cradled panel, 16"x20"


This is one of those times of the year when painting slows down. Two blissful weeks in Mexico in November, then Thanksgiving, then my open studio for Langley December Art Walk, and now I am getting ready for Christmas. However, I did manage to finish this painting, and am quite pleased with it. This view is from a parking lot behind Second Street. Sometimes the backs of buildings intrigue me more than their fronts. This very popular coffee house cafe has quite a big garden in the back from which they make some of their very delicious foods. I pass by here on my walk from our condo to Studio 106. A lovely 2 block walk. I'm working on some small panels (8"x8") of coffee cups and kitchen scenes. Lots to do before I can attend to them. The December Art Walk was quite delightful. I will post some scenes from that event tomorrow or the next day. In the meantime, I'm just very happy to have completed this piece. The Ray for the Day is "Behind Useless Bay Cafe".

No comments: