Search This Blog

Friday, December 17, 2010

#110 "Double Tall Decaf Extra Dry...." oil on cradled panel, 8"x8"


So it's the Holidays and I've been having a cold so I decided to paint some very small paintings. To conserve energy, I guess. I decided to do a series on cafe scenes. Guess what? It takes just as much energy to paint a small painting as a large one. All the paintings in this series will be 8" x 8". On Tuesday Barb Barry and I spent the day in Studio 106 in Langley. We had such a delightful day. We painted, and walked around the sweet shops doing a little Christmas shopping, and painted some more, and wound up having a delightful dinner at Prima Bistro above the Star Store. I finished this painting while we were there. I need to give a small nod to Wayne Thiebold for some of the inspiration. To all who may be reading this blog, I wish you a very Happy Holiday Season. The Ray for the Day is "Double Tall Decaf Extra Dry...."

1 comment:

Hearing Aids said...

Superb blog post, I have book marked this internet site so ideally I’ll see much more on this subject in the foreseeable future!