Search This Blog

Sunday, December 30, 2012

#160: "Persimmons in a Jar", oil 6" x 6"

The last posting of 2012. Even with all the Holiday festivities I managed to make one last little painting. Did you know that persimmons are really delicious when they are ripe? We had lots of them around the studio, so we got a chance to find out. I love the word "persimmons". The challenge in this painting was to paint glass. Again, if I had thought too much about glass it would not have been so successful. I thought about shape, color, value. Faye said "paint the persimmons and then put the jar around them". I did something like that. I love my color choices here. I painted the background several times before I came up with this. I'm happy with it. Happy New Year everyone. The Ray for the Day is "Persimmons in a Jar".

4 comments:

Michele Gibson said...

Magnificent!!

Barbara Benedetti Newton said...

Love your persimmons. Happy New Year!

Jason Carpp said...

Beautiful paintings! Keep up the good work. Happy New Year!

annbass said...

I love persimmons, and I love the glass! Great job, Phyllis. Actually, I love the whole series of mini-edibles. YUM!