Search This Blog

Friday, February 24, 2012

#140, "Eggs-etera", oil, 6" x 6"

Guess what? I discovered I can post ahead. So while I'm in Mexico you will be getting this post and the next one. I adore painting raw eggs and shells. What I learned while painting this one is that the yolks are actually a yellow shade of gray. The making of gray is the use of all 3 primaries plus white. Grays are getting very exciting for me and I will be using them more and more. It thrills me that if I just paint shapes and values (and don't think about eggs) that I end up with a painting with eggs and broken shells. This painting really tickles me. The Ray for the Day is "Eggs-etera".

3 comments:

santastu said...

Eggs 6 x 6.

Hi Phyllis,
You've got them eggs looking just right,
as I sit here at six o'clock in the morning
I can only think of them served up fried with
bacon and alllllll the trimmings,
Full English please.

Thank you Stuart.

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog and I'm really enjoying it. I am just learning to paint. Iteresting thoughts on grey. My dad, a great artist told me to make grey you mix white and blue to the intensity that you want, and then keep adding orange until it turns to grey.
Tiina

security systems said...

Truly a work of an genuine artist.