Sunday, February 10, 2013

#163 "whatta Hoot!", acrylic, 6" x 6"

This playful acrylic painting was made from a photo I took in Mexico of an owl in a collection of folk art owned by a friend named Annie. Apologies to Annie and the owl, but I had to shorten the legs to make the owl fit on a 6" x 6" panel. I also added the little blue bird to make the composition more pleasing. I painted this to help cheer up a friend of mine who recently had surgery. She has a small collection of Oaxacan folk pieces, and I thought this would fit right in. It wasn't intended, but it looks like the blue bird of happiness is about to fly up Hooty's nose. This is a playful diversion from the series I have begun for my 2014 calendar which I am calling "Langley Inside Out", paintings of interior scenes from Langley buildings. I have completed 3 of those which will show up in the next few days. The Ray for the Day is "Whatta Hoot!".

2 comments:

pramod negi said...

Good Information nice post thanks for sharing. Your blog i read your blog Daily. i like your blog.
Last Minute Flights to South

Africa

pramod negi said...

I would like to thank you for the efforts you've made in writing this posting. I'm hoping the same very best function from you inside future too.
Last Minute Flights to South

Africa