Search This Blog

Saturday, April 24, 2010

#85 "Rachel", 20" x 16"


Figures have not been my thing, but I heard that Henry Stinson was teaching a week long class in Langley and I wanted to learn from him. I was undecided about whether or not to go when Barb told me she was going and I decided to join her. We stayed at our Tree House condo in Langley and had a wonderful time painting from 10:00 to 5:00 each day and enjoying the pleasures of Langley in the evening. This portrait was done in two 3 hour sessions over 2 days. Lovely Rachel. Henry's words ring in my head "Cool light-warm shadows, warm light-cool shadows", "Squint to see value, eyes wide open to see color". I know these things, but practicing them is another matter. One of my challenges is to learn to really see the color in flesh. The Ray for the Day is "Rachel".

No comments: