Search This Blog

Thursday, March 12, 2009

#37 "Hot Wheels", watercolor, 6" x 8"


The artist reception at TPN last night was a wonderful success! Thanks to those of you who showed up (you were many), and if you couldn't make it but would still like to see the show you can view it on work days during work hours anytime until the end of May.

While in Mexico we do much of our shopping and business in the small village of Santiago near our casa. The scenes on the street are always colorful and enjoyable for a visual person like myself. This motorciclete parked in front of a tienda selling rugs, serapes, hats and other things caught my eye. It is just the kind of subject I love to paint. Just looking at this painting reminds me of how wonderful it feels to be in hot weather! What is it about vehicles that turns my crank? Anyway, the Ray for the Day is "Hot Wheels."
SOLD

No comments: