Search This Blog

Saturday, March 14, 2009

#38 a new beginning in oil bar


It's been a couple of years since I have painted with oilbars, because I have been concentrating on watercolor. A woman who has seen my oilbar work has been asking me for some time if I would be willing to give her instruction in the use of them. Finally yesterday we got together for the morning and we each started a painting using this very interesting medium. At some point in the making of an oilbar painting the piece becomes too oily to continue to work on. At that point you need to leave it for a few days to allow the oil to form a skin, then you can begin to layer color on top of color. This little rowboat painting now has it's first layers of color. Next friday we will work on our paintings to begin to develop them further. Tune in next friday or saturday to see where this little rowboat painting is headed. The Ray for the Day is the beginning of an oilbar painting.

No comments: