Search This Blog

Sunday, March 22, 2009

#42 Another new beginning, oil, 21" x 16"



Today I went to my friend, Joanne's, studio to try my hand at oil painting. I have painted in many media, and made monoprints and worked with photos, yet this is my very first time to paint with oil paint and brushes! It was so much fun. Oil paint is so creamy and delicious to work with. Joanne hired a beautiful friend to model, set up an easel for me and squeezed out these gorgeous oil colors and we worked side by side. Joanne made a really gorgeous painting. I made a pretty good start, but need to work more on this. I can hardly wait 'til I can go back and try to improve this painting. When I feel it's a better painting I will post it again.I have no idea how far I will go with oils, but I'm not ready to stop yet. Tomorrow night I will go to an oil painting demonstration and learn some more. The Ray for the day is another new beginning. 

No comments: