Search This Blog

Thursday, April 16, 2009

#50 "Olde Wheelie Dealie", watercolor, 15" x 19"


A couple of years ago my Dad took me to visit a friend of his who lived out in the country near Battleground WA. He wanted me to see his old farm equipment collection. And what a collection it was! These wonderful old, rusty, who knows what they were used for pieces of equipment were arranged nicely in his front yard. Each item was an art piece in and of itself, and the whole collection was quite awesome. The sun was out and the shadows were great and I had a wonderful time taking photos. For several years I have thought of painting these objects. Last night at my watercolor group I did the first one. The Ray for  the Day is "Olde Wheelie Dealie".

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is really great! You gave new life to an old wheel. Amazing